A Health and Safety Policy sets out a company’s commitment to health and safety in the workplace.
A Health and Safety Policy clearly states a company’s responsibilities as the employer and business owner. The policy also covers an employee’s responsibilities for workplace health and safety.
A Health and Safety Policy outlines the safe practices and procedures to be followed in order to prevent workplace injuries and illnesses. This corresponds with the employer’s commitment to reduce health and safety risks and observe legal duties relevant to the workplace and its business.
- Purpose of the policy;
- Appointing a principal officer in charge of workplace health and safety;
- Appointing a day-to-day officer in charge of workplace health and safety;
- Employer-employee responsibilities;
- Attendance requirements for health and safety training workshops;
- Emergency procedures; and
- Consequences for not abiding with the policy.